Sunday, June 13, 2010

detour

well i'm supposed to be mid-vacation number three, in the mountains with the boys, haley, and our pets today. but plans change. and instead i'm (hopefully) on the tail end of a serious detour. before we left for the beach i was confronted with an imperative new tire purchase and alignment. which means four new tires in the past three months, in case you were wondering. (i'll leave out the part about how my 'sports car' requires hard-to-find and harder-to-afford tires.) this morning when i took mega out, my front right tire is flat.

no big deal, you're thinking. it happens. the highways and atlanta roads are practically like driving through a construction site, i know. but in between the tires i bought a week ago and today i've had the rather exciting and unique experience of dislocating and fracturing my elbow. at least i hope it's a unique experience in my life because the excitement resembles the thrill of waking up every morning and remembering you're in for a day of pain and difficulty like none before. woowee! exciting!

and in case you were wondering, a beach vacation isn't very cast friendly. sand, water, heat. eh. the silver lining: percoset.

i've only made it through these past five days with a minimum of tears and tantrums because of haley. in every way imaginable - and many i never imagined - she's been my right arm. and my left. and my nurse. and my engineer. and my chauffeur. and my cheerleader. and simply amazing. and today i have to wake her up with the news that she gets to also be my mechanic.

sigh

surely it will get easier soon.

d: a break
b: still managing to laugh
g: it was my right arm..and i'm left-handed

No comments:

Post a Comment