Thursday, April 15, 2010

two-stepping

today the eye doctor told me that my vision had improved a step in each eye. i thought that was an odd thing, but he said, 'it's not unusual in the thirties...'

i'm near sighted, so i guess that means my near is extending a little further these days. i don't know. frankly, without my lenses, everything is still a blur so the nominal improvement is rather moot.

that seems to be the way improvements go lately. two steps forward and one back. or two steps in a circle even. i've never been a great dancer and certainly never learned to two step. but when i was a little girl, just like most children i imagine, i loved to spin until i was too dizzy to stand up. two steps around in a circle.

that's how i feel tonight. two stepping in a circle. two steps in a dizzy mess. two steps and i'm falling down.

d: a partner's hand to pick me up
b: i can see a little further into the distance
g: haley tells me she's an excellent two-stepper

No comments:

Post a Comment