Saturday, May 8, 2010

daydream

daydreaming. one of my favorite things to do. i credit it with my survival in fact. then sometimes i can get so lost in a daydream, i'm simply lost.

today i put my house in impeccable order for a showing. (there haven't been many in the month plus i've had it on the market, so it was cause for special preparation.) i was literally vacuuming myself out the door to taekwondo, putting on my uniform in the laundry room, and tying my belt as i walked into class to make it on time.

but then, as luck would have it, the realtor's 'master key' wouldn't open my lockbox. no matter that it opened the five houses before mine. and of course, for the first time in years, i had double checked that all my doors were locked. (because for some reason i thought that might be an impression worth making. as if anyone would notice.)

so, all that frantic, fastidious prep for naught.

except for the daydream. because in my frenzy of last minute mopping and dusting, my mind wandered far away. and as i drove around the city today i took a third glance (because i always take a second) at the homes for rent and even the ones for sale.. (after all, sellers are becoming lessors every day.)

i really can't even let myself go there...it seems so far away. someone has to at least see my house in order to buy it and that's proving to be an event that cycles with the blue moon. but when things are feeling so overwhelming and indefinite and increasingly difficult daydreaming is my best escape mechanism.

d: real life worth leaving the daydream for
b: my house is extremely clean
g: a healthy coping mechanism?

No comments:

Post a Comment