Saturday, April 25, 2009

dominos

through one of those weird and wonderful synchronicities of life, today i clicked through someone else's blog to a livejournal blog of a stranger. when i got there, i was reminded that about three and a half years ago, i first made a tentative step into blogging on that site. and as luck would have it, i remembered my log-in.

it didn't take long to reread the month of entries i had there and it took me back in vivid detail to that time in my life. december 2005. huge changes taking place then. i was in the middle of a spiritual domino fall.. one thing tipping off another tipping off another.. and there was a person in my life then that was sharing the experience and tipped a few of those black-and-whites for me.

she was a business colleague initially and then a friend.. and along the way stepped into a role that i'm not sure either of us would have anticipated, as a real sounding board and mentor for my exploration of a greater spiritual understanding and world view.. it was an unexpected connection that i believe was placed in my journey because she had a message to give me. i treasured it then and still.

as synchronicities go, while that livejournal blog of mine reminded me of this important person i was also reminded that today is her birthday. i left her a casual birthday greeting online today and wished i could tell her how fondly i remember the months we were close, but then.. i didn't. we're out of touch now.. for the most part. facebook friends, as i say. brushing shoulders in cyber space every so often.

and so i want to celebrate her special day with a celebration of the gift she brought to me. i have a belief system that has shaped my life and relationships and joy and given me a community of faith and love.. and i track it all back to the very first domino that was tipped when i said to this friend, 'i heard something interesting on the radio today...' and she replied, 'have you read...'

dominos falling in my life... the right people in the right places. synchronicity. evolution.

happy birthday.

d: dominos falling for you, this year and many more
b: i corrected my casual birthday greeting with something more fitting.
g: you showed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment