Wednesday, April 29, 2009

goose

even the best intentions sometimes go awry. today was like that.

set the alarm. overslept. should have stayed there. it was definitely the best part of my day.

i had made up my mind that today would be different. i'd go in to work and expect the best, create the sort of culture that i miss, and enjoy the contribution i can make. (see: sunshine)

that lasted until about 11:53am when i received a scathing email from mr.unfortunatelybutappropriatelynamed in the corner office. i literally thought, 'i wish i were a duck.' there's a cloud sitting over my desk and the rain keeps on coming down. a duck superhero suit would certainly help it roll off my back.

(checking ebay for a duck suit real quick.)

duck, duck, goose. the goose jumps up and runs. i feel like running. away.

d: to center myself in the flow and catch a current.
b: calm and appropriate response to an inappropriate message
g: 31 cent scoop day.

No comments:

Post a Comment