Monday, February 15, 2010

glum

at least once every couple of days one of the boys will say, 'mommy, you know she can't talk right?' referring to mega. i still expect her to respond to me when i ask her a question. i mean, she's going on 9 months. shouldn't she be talking by now?

sometimes i have the sensation that i've had a conversation with her and she told me something; but then i realize it was all in my imagination. and i have other bizarre thoughts about her too. like i've thought of what i'll do when she's gone, hopefully many, many years from now; and i'm sure it's not quite normal but i'll admit that i've thought her fur would make a lovely stole.

i guess this makes me one of 'those crazy dog people'. or maybe i'm across the line from 'those' people. oh well. i've been called worse.

[sidenote: i find it amusing that the many of the snowboard olympians wear jeans to compete in. every other sport has some fancy athletic wear, but the snowboarders manage to maintain their rebel image, even in the olympics. funny.]

mega had a hard time with our trip to new york. though i left her with capable, loving dog people she had a good bit of separation anxiety. (haley thought it would be me with that issue, but i fared pretty well in the big apple.) when we got home, mega had a touch of a cold. sneezy and runny nosed thing. but today, i took her to the dog park at our local coffee shop and she played with the big dogs. fearlessly. and now it seems that haley is the one with a cold. sneezy and runny nosed thing.

neither of us get sick often and the abrupt halt to our perpetual motion and togetherness, especially on the tail end of our anniversary vacation, has me experiencing the separation anxiety i dodged on that very trip. she's been laid up since yesterday morning, barely moving from the couch to the bed and back again. so much for valentine's day.

d: return to health for my estranged valentine
b: hand-made valentines for my three (human) loves
g: mega is teaching me coping mechanisms for the separation

2 comments:

  1. you made me laugh and that made me miss you. i think you are a wonderful, talented, hilarious person. kevin has been traveling about 50% of the time lately, so i find myself having full conversations with my cats. i swear they understand MOST of what i say, and i spend a significant amount of time interpreting their behavior like it's sign language. hope haley feels better soon! love you lots and hope to see you soon. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. april... thank you for telling me i'm not alone! i miss you too... xoxo

    ReplyDelete