Tuesday, March 23, 2010

eachother

my birthday weekend proved to be simply the best birthday ever.

in every way that is imaginable this vacation was the mirror opposite of my last, with the exception of the extreme fatigue that washed over us at night. and the tenor of every minute being miraculously more fun and more relaxing and more perfect than the one before. in fact, if our vacations continue to become better and better i'm afraid my head might explode.

we spent every daylight minute hiking, biking, tennis'ing, or shopping. (of course we had to get some shopping in. i mean, it's me and haley.) and loving. each other. the weather. mega. the sky. the colors. mega. the barrel cottage. the quiet. the breeze. each other. where we were. the waterfalls. the sunset. mega. (she's very lovable.)

each other.

although our new york vacation topped the chart at the time, i'm afraid it's being relegated to silver after this weekend. because although there wasn't a minute less than perfect in the big apple, my eyes were constantly trying to focus and absorb all the swirly, bright city had to offer. and they didn't have the pleasure of resting upon haley nearly enough.

truly, at the end of four days in new york, i'd used my iphone's camera twice and my real camera hadn't left its case. (of the two pictures i took - one was a celebrity sighting and the other a dreadful picture of haley on our last night after a very, very funny comment she made. we were sunk into two chairs at the madison avenue gap, of all places, and feeling content to stay there. forever.) so no, i didn't take or make the time to look at my haley nearly enough in new york.

but this weekend, i did.

this weekend for my birthday we took our time. we took our time and filled every minute with each other. and my weekend in the mountains was a weekend in love.

d: vacations to top vacations
b: i didn't think one time about my to-do list over the weekend.
g: a birthday gift of love and healing and escape: exactly what i needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment