Friday, March 12, 2010

2/3

here we are about ten weeks into the new year and yesterday i started thinking about those resolutions i made way back when. just as a reminder i decided this was the year that i would get the tools back in the garage after use, drink more water (specifically between every set when lifting), and paint my bedroom.

tools in garage - absolutely. there's not a stray screwdriver to be found in this house, dammit. and after the massive cleaning and 'organizing' of the garage, i think i could open my own tool rental shop.

water between sets? chug chug chug. i've turned myself into a camel for all intents and purposes. haley has always been one to consume twice as much water as me in a given workout, much to her dismay and my shame. but not anymore. now i'm holding my own. well, i'm running to the bathroom a lot actually. but i'm guzzling the water like a desert refugee.

[parenthetical side story: just last sunday haley and i each bought a gallon jug of water - 1.06 gallons to be precise - and she said she'd race me to finish it. we played tennis both days and i carried my jug around like a baby bottle. needless to say, i won by a good 4 inches. yes! victory!]

so, that brings me to the bedroom painting resolution. well, as i've been carrying on about, i'm putting my house on the market any minute now. and to be honest, repainting my bedroom isn't on the to-do list. but, when i really went back and read my original resolutions, i think i have to go with the spirit of the law, versus the letter of the law on this one.

and the spirit behind my vow to paint my bedroom was a desire to make it my own. to make it a place i felt represented me and my personality as much as the boys' new rooms.

repainting? that's one way to do it. but i've risen the ante. i'm recreating my bedroom to better suit me and my desires. and my living room. and my front yard. and my back yard. and my address.

and though i haven't accomplished that resolution yet, i've still got 42 weeks and i'm well on my way. (it doesn't sound like long does it?)

d: the right buyer, asap!
b: two out of three and it's only march 12th
g: i can put my hands right on an allen wrench - in any size, metric or imperial; or a soldering gun; or a stud finder; or... you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment