Wednesday, March 3, 2010

hunch

tonight i have a sneaking suspicion that haley is on her way here after work to surprise me. (if i'm wrong then i'll just chalk this up to wishful thinking, but if i'm right then i want to have this documentation that i was on to her.)

today i was at work for a full day. a full day following a full day at the office yesterday. yes, that's two in a row. and tomorrow i have another full day at work. that's three in a row for those of you mathematically-challenged. and i don't like it.

let me be clear, i actually am quite enjoying the work that i'm doing. and the freedom, for the most part, to work at my convenience and pace is luxury beyond belief - considering it's work after all. but i don't like the fact that for what will be three days in a row i'm unable to enjoy the daily routine of non-routine that always accommodates some time with haley.

and today i was ridiculously whiny about it. she was so sweet and calm and reassuring. said everything right. and yet still, i was pouty. when she got off the phone as she pulled up to work, we had planned to meet for breakfast before i go to work. she was even willing to get up early to appease my needy pleas (and she's a late sleeper, so that's a huge concession).

but if my hunch is right, this really is heart-melting behavior. and so, here i lay, with my laptop in bed, ears perked and head tilted toward the driveway, craning my neck to best hear approaching vehicles.. and hopeful. oh so hopeful.

...pause...

she's HERE!!!

yay, i was right. nevermind the rest of what i was going to say... my heart is melted and my baby needs my attention.

swoon.

d: to be half as good to her as she is to me
b: she still hasn't been able to pull one over on me.
g: she loves me. she really really does.

No comments:

Post a Comment