Wednesday, November 18, 2009

twilight

tonight the boys and i were initiated to twilight. we watched the first one on dvd and (write this down folks - it's a rare occasion) i actually stayed awake through the entire movie. shocking, but true. i did. i'd have to give it a mixed review. while it kept me awake and was entertaining and interesting and makes me want to see the new one; it made me say aloud several times, 'i wish i'd read the book first.'

not because i didn't know what was going on. that was pretty clear - we all followed without a bit of confusion (except why didn't the rest of the town notice the vamps' freakishly white faces? uh hello, i know it's seattle, but still...). i wished i'd taken the time to read the book first because i imagine there's so much more to the story that is left to the viewer's imagination. lots of dialogue- and action-free scenes that i'm certain the author had words to fill. and being a writer myself, i want to know what those words were. i do. nothing against the fine acting of the teenage stars, but their faces only carry the mystery so far.. i yearned for the inner dialogue.

so, with a reluctant heart (because there are simply too many books in my queue already) tomorrow i will go pick up the next
twilight book. i'll lose myself in it for a few hours, (i imagine it's a super fast read), and then i can join the boys and haley in seeing new moon this weekend.

so much for taking down that wallpaper... maybe over thanksgiving.

d: if haley turns out to be a vampire, please don't let her suck the venom out. got it? k. thanks.
b: speed reading is my one secret talent. (see? already have it in place. go ahead. bite me.)
g: a film that kept me awake. now, let's hope it lets me sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment