Saturday, October 10, 2009

imagine

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one.

-imagine by john lennon


'imagine' has always been one of my favorite songs.. or at least since i was a teen when i swiped some beatles albums from my dad. i remember going to see a beatles cover band and thinking they hung the moon.

before i fell in love with 'imagine' my favorite inherited music from mom or dad's collection was 'you're no good' by linda ronstadt. i picked that one because it had a little red heart on the spine of the album cover.


the juxtaposition of those two songs in the music biography of my life is curious, i admit. i think 'imagine' was an upgrade though, at least in messaging.

speaking of musical retrospectives, tonight todd and i went to see 'fame'. i must be hormonal because i was teary-eyed from opening credits to closing credits. and although i'm going to credit my dreamer status; really, there's no other logical justification.

i am a dreamer. and when i dream, i attach my heart to it. it's more than a mind-wandering type of moment for me.. i can totally leave my current reality when i'm lost in a dream. (i know it sounds like denial.. but really this is the glass-half-full way to look at it.)

but then i have moments where reality crashes in and i have to refocus myself. (on the dream, i mean.) and 'fame' was a bit like that too, i guess.

dreamers dreaming, dreamers crashing, dreamers dreaming again.

sign me up, i have the imagination to support it.

d: living the dream.
b: living the dream!
g: living the dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment