Monday, October 12, 2009

motherload

so, remember when i wrote that my forgetfulness didn't cost me my car yet? and how grateful i was for that? well, umm...

this morning i was cuddled up with mega, deep under my comforter and blanket listening to the rain.. mostly asleep. i was semi-planning my morning, thinking it's going to rain all week and i needed to go get a taillight fixed and that i'd check petsmart for a rain coat for mega, because she really hates the rain. really. and then..

OH MY GOD

i jumped out of bed, grabbed my robe and frantically ran around downstairs, without glasses or contacts, searching by feel for my car keys. ran out the front door. and was greeted by 4", and that's a conservative estimate, of rainwater in the floorboard of my car.

yes, i left the top down. (mistake number 1) and i left it in the drive-way. (mistake number 2) of course neither would be a mistake without the other.. but... alas.. i hit the mother load of convertible mishaps.

so today i tried everything i could think of to remove the monsoon that hit my car. i bailed, yes bailed, out umpteen buckets of water.. and then shop-vac'ed another 5 gallons or so. and then i drove around and when the water moved, i did it all again.

my favorite part though is the leather seats. they may appear watertight. oh yes, 'they clean up well' the salesman says. but what he leaves out is how they trap water like a whoopee cushion. it goes in and leaves not a trace, but oh the embarrassing wet spot when it comes out.

sigh

i've left it with a fan on it and a prayer that i'll wake up tomorrow and it will be only monday morning. my car dry and unflooded in the garage.

d: my "mold-tang" to be simply a dream
b: my sense of humor was not flooded with my car
g: it's fully operational - even the stereo. whew...

No comments:

Post a Comment