Wednesday, October 7, 2009

libra

today my favorite libran celebrates a birthday. i'm not superstitious at all, but i do buy into the astrological sign traits. i've just seen them played out in too many people to not believe they have some credibility.

that being said, before i met haley i didn't know any other libras. and when i started reading about them and their scales of justice and balance i didn't really know what that would look like. as it turns out, where some people may call them fickle, i find my libra to be steady. it seems like the scales always have a way of balancing.

and today as i spend most of my day with haley, painting her stairs in between work emails and calls, i am taking note of the balance she's brought to my life. as a pisces, i don't generally do that very well. i ebb and flow and rarely stay still long enough to feel the calm; but in many ways i've learned a new sense of balance over the past eight months.

my home is now both my responsibility and my choice. my days are both work and play. my time is spent in town and out of town...going out and chilling out...talking and listening...reading and writing... family time and adult time.. happy time and umm, more happy time.

i think perhaps the unbelievable joy and ease with which i find myself now living, ie 'happy time', is in balance to the pain and difficulty i lived in once.. self-inflicted then and self-manifested now; for both i take ownership.

today i read a quote that i like..

If you are willing to do only what's easy, life will be hard.
But if you are willing to do what's hard, life will be easy.
-t. harv eker

it lies in direct opposition to a motto i've heard often spoken by people i love, 'everything is always so hard,' and i think this quote is absolutely true. changing my willingness, openness, has changed my life.

d: open to receive
b: living is easy..
g: my libra that taught me about balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment