Monday, October 26, 2009

promised

well, i survived the 24 hour pee collection. and i think it was probably the driest 24 hours of my life. every sip of water was carefully considered. and though i spent about half my day away from home, i did not grace the restroom of any destination - which included the gym, the farmer's market, a tennis court and some stops in between - because this seemed a procedure best conducted in the privacy of my home bathroom. i fully expect the cortisol test to come back fine and the doctor to be primarily concerned with my water intake.

but anyway, tonight i'm sitting on my couch in varying degrees of undress and costume-dress while haley sews and repairs and revamps our halloween cos
tumes and a stack of jeans that needed hemming. and i really can't think of a single burning desire to write about.

today at costco, i found cesar millan's new book on puppies. it's called 'how to raise the perfect dog', which i definitely have, so i thought i'd better study up. speaking of which, my perfect puppy missed me so much while i was in the grocery store for 20 minutes that when i returned to her and luke in the car, she climbed me like a ladder and perched on my shoulder for the ride home.

haley and i had a heart to heart today in which i promised her i'd stop using my cell phone's computer and texting capacity when my car is in motion. despite my protests that it's the only thing keeping me awake, her arguments about the inherent danger of driving all the way home and admitting i never really saw the road won out. she said, 'find something else to keep you awake.'

i think this will do it.

d: a parrot costume for mega's mega-ween.
b: i keep my promises.. which means...
g: i'll be much safer in traffic, from here on out. (and slower to respond to emails. sorry in advance.)

1 comment: