Tuesday, June 23, 2009

achieve

Whatever the mind of man
can conceive and believe,
it can achieve.

~w. clement stone

i've never been a fan of secrets. if i'm on the inside, i feel trapped and if i'm on the outside, i feel rejected. so when haley said she wanted me to watch the secret with her, i thought, 'god i wish they hadn't named it that.'

nobody likes to be on the outside of a secret and i'm sure that's what the secret's marketing team is counting on. the movie wisely reveals the much-anticipated nugget within the first ten minutes and when i heard it, i said to haley, 'this shouldn't be a secret! everyone should know this..' it's very simply the law of attraction.

very simple. and yet very hard too.

i have lived in the law of attraction for a long time. even before i read the like-named book and before i saw the afore-mentioned film. i called it fantastic. my world, created so fantastically in my imagination, has been a way of life for as long as i can remember. in most areas of my life, at least.

ironically, the one thing i have kept most secret and hidden, what i am most embarrassed and shamed about, is the one thing i need the secret for the most. my finances. in this part of my life, i have attracted that which i don't want by focusing so much attention upon it. in every way i've used the law of attraction to my detriment when it comes to money.

i have given my energy to debt, thereby attracting more. i have believed in a limit to how much and from where my income will come, thereby setting the limit. i have lived in a mindset of lack and inadequacy, thereby perpetuating the lack.

so, i know the task at hand. i know the charge. i know it's as simple as changing my mind. i can attract something different if i focus my attention and energy on something different. but when i try.. i struggle. it's one of only a couple of things that can drop my mood immediately. i have a self-one monologue playing in my head that says i don't deserve more. that scolds me for decisions in my past. that predicts more financial failure in my future. and i don't know where the damn mute button is.

but i'm looking for it. one of my favorite metaphors from the secret is about a car driving through the night on a dark road. with the headlights, the driver can only see 200 feet ahead of the car, but the narrator points out that you only have to see what's right in front of you.. and just seeing that much is enough. you can drive from new york to california seeing only 200 feet at a time.

so, 200 feet at a time, i am muting self one. i am focusing on what i want, rather than what i don't. and employing another favorite passed along by my mom, 'fake it till you make it', i feel prosperous. i am attracting prosperity. i have abundant income from varied and unexpected sources.

i can conceive of it. and i believe it.
i am achieving it.

d: more income than expenses.
b: vulnerability here.
g: the universe loves speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment