Saturday, June 6, 2009

secret

Voici mon secret.
Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur.
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.


~excerpted from Le Petit Prince by antoine de saint-exupery


i notice that the way people look to me, in a literal sense with my eyes, changes from moment to moment. it's curious when it happens with the people closest to me. the thought crosses my mind, 'is this what other people see when they look at her?'

what i've decided about this though is that what i see follows what i feel. the energy i'm picking up and the energy i'm giving off somehow transform what is visible. it may sound weird and new-agey, but i know it to be true. and i know it happens for other people too.

it's why pam told me a few weeks ago that haley looks better since she met me. even when we aren't together, she has a different look about her. it's why brides always look beautiful. even normally unattractive women. it's why in moments of extreme maturity or immaturity, todd looks like a different child to me.

i am betrayed by my eyes. i have never been able to hide behind them a single thought or feeling and at times it's felt invasive. not now though. now i welcome the world to see what i feel. to bear witness to my heart.

after all, in the words of the little prince, in english:

Here is my secret. It is very simple:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.

tomorrow haley and i are feeding our narcissism and modeling for a photographer friend.

luckily, my heart is visible through my eyes.


d: visibility of the essential.
b: my heart sees rightly.
g: my eyes expose me and invite you.

No comments:

Post a Comment