Wednesday, May 6, 2009

body

mind, body and soul: we are one. i know this both intellectually and intuitively. i've lived it.

i'm not a worrier. i think this goes back to my fantastic self - in my fantasy i just don't believe anything bad will happen to me. and when other people in my life worry, i'm the first to laugh it off with, '...or you could go down for chinese and not make it back up.' the first few times they hear it, they look at me at though i have tourettes and then eventually they put it all together and i get a scowl. which i shrug off.

i went downstairs for chinese food on june 24th, 2007 and came back upstairs to a near fatal medical event. near fatal. it didn't register that way for me. it took months before i understood that fact. and when i finally accepted it, i celebrated the recognition with changing my lifestyle. obsessed, in fact, with health and nutrition and fitness.

and as my body became stronger, so did my mind and my spirit. by the end of last summer, i had reached a fitness level i'd never seen and felt healthier than i'd ever been in my life. my job was cruising. i was happy, healthy and peaceful - and it's hard to discern where one ended and the next began.

now i feel a long way away from that place physically.

mind, body and soul: we are one. i'm only as strong as the weakest of those.

in this moment of my life, i take inventory. i find my soul is soaring: connecting, intuiting, loving. i find my mind at a turning point: professional change imminent, creativity surging, inspired. and my body is the thing out of balance.

and though i'm not a huge fan of balance - i blame it on my obsessive nature - i am a fan of strength.

i am alive.
i am strong.
i will balance.

d: prioritize the body.
b: mind is at a turning point...
g: soul is soaring!

No comments:

Post a Comment