Wednesday, May 20, 2009

kiss

...There must have been an angel by my side
Something heavenly came down from above
He led me to you
...
When I was led to you
I knew you were the one for me
I swear the whole world could feel my heartbeat
When I lay eyes on you
...
You wrapped me up in
The colour of love
...
You gave me the kiss of life...

~excerpted from Kiss of Life by sade

i really meant to write about kisses last night.. or about one at least. and i don't even mean that first magical kiss, under a low hanging full red moon, on a sidewalk in decatur, that caught me so off-guard..

i mean the kiss that says you're safe.
i mean the kiss that says you're beautiful.
i mean the kiss that says i understand.
i mean the kiss that says i accept you.
i mean the kiss that says i want you.
i mean the kiss that says you make me happy.
i mean the kiss that says i don't want to be anywhere but here.
i mean the kiss that says good morning. and good night.
i mean the kiss that says slow down. no wait, speed up.
i mean the kiss that says i love you..

and that is where i got distracted last night. kisses are simple. they say all of those things without saying a word. and i feel very simple these days.

sometimes it seems a conundrum how i can be so finished and yet so beginning at the same time. on the one hand, i feel that something is done and complete and on the other i feel a sense of a long journey ahead. rather than confusion though, for me it simplifies nicely in a kiss.

a kiss of life.

d: a journey filled with kisses.
b: peaceful in the paradigm.
g: sade put into words what i could not.

No comments:

Post a Comment