Friday, July 24, 2009

dizzy

even little puppies do that funny circling thing before they find a place to relieve themselves or a place to settle down and sleep; so maybe it's an instinctive thing. whether instinct or learned for my sweet mega-puppy, it's something i'm feeling myself doing.

i went back to my house last night; half unpacked, half settled in.

circling, circling, circling.

today i finished the unpacking. cleaned out the fridge. made a grocery list. and repacked to return to selman street.

circling, circling, circling.

tonight i cooked dinner at haley's. the boys are watching a movie upstairs. mega and oliver are playing chase. and i brought an oversized bag, half empty, to try and fit the rest of my clothes for the return home tomorrow.

circling, circling, circling.

tomorrow...maybe church. brunch. the cupcake factory. and my empty fridge is reminding me it's the perfect canvas for a trip to the farmer's market. but also.. selman street is having a block party from 3-7. and we must get something for the grill. mega has friends to make, after all.

circling, circling, circling.

i do take comfort though in the nature of circles and of course, in the nature of puppies. they always do come to a close. and they always find rest there. and so will i. even if it makes me a little dizzy.

d: the perfect place to settle down and sleep.
b: dizzy is perfectly normal for me.
g: two places i love to circle between.

No comments:

Post a Comment