Monday, July 27, 2009

nightmares

i've had two or three consecutive nights of dreams about cats. sick cats. one night i dreamed that a redneck in a pick-up truck pulled up in front of my house and said, 'i've got your cat. she's ok.' he was talking about tessie. i looked in the back of his truck, horrified at what might be there, and it was tessie. but she wasn't ok. she was deformed and very ill. she had somehow fought her way out of the earth, buried alive, but barely.

then another night, i dreamed i had adopted a young stray cat. a grey cat, different than any i have had in many years. he seemed healthy but i felt an urgency to get him to the vet for an exam and shots. i was carrying him around and 'about to' take him to the vet and he started to have a seizure and convulse.

that same night, i think, i had a different, separate, dream where i was having a conversation with some vets about their opinion on some medical issue and i did not trust these particular physicians. that one is fuzzy.

i generally hold to the principle that nobody wants to hear about anyone else's dream unless it concerns them, and even then, it has to be a very limited sort of 'concerns'. and very concise. so, i'm breaking my own rule, i admit. go ahead and skip this blog if it behooves you.

i'm living my days falling in love with the most precious little puppy face and i'm spending my nights tortured over the loss of my kitty face. it's heart breaking.

jasper just walked into my bedroom, as if on cue. he and mega are making some inroads to a friendship, i'd like to believe. he's not hissing on sight and she's not barking on sight. i know that tessie would have loved mega.

maybe jasper and mega will bond.. maybe my nightmares will stop. maybe.

d: deep, dreamless, sleep in my crate and mega's.
b: crate training is going superbly!
g: jasper is laying at my feet and mega at my right arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment