Saturday, July 4, 2009

sand

i've always been one to tout the benefits of a staycation. staying home and doing all the things that i never have time or take time to do. enjoying the relaxation that comes from being in my own space and having no structure to my time.

but coming home from a week plus of continuous travel and vacation with the boys and then haley, i am yearning for more real vacation. i found that my creative mind was on overdrive while i was away from home. i felt more childlike and more able to connect.. with the boys.. with haley... with myself.

with my dreaming self.
walking down the beach, house-hunting. buying lottery tickets, winning. watching sunsets, manifesting.

with my creative self.
story. characters. street names. a note-pad full of ideas.

with my inner child.
swimming in the ocean, fuck my hair. squealing on the bumpy boat ride, yes i was afraid. silly baby voice, really.

facing fears and wishing on stars and picking up shells.. i didn't want to leave. or maybe i just don't want to let go of what i found.

haley said to be careful because the sun would find places to burn me that i didn't know i had skin to burn. (she was right) and i'm finding sand in every item i unpack, even those that didn't get near the beach. but the twinge of my sunburn and the sandy grit under my nails are a happy reminder that i can take it home. in more than one way.

d: permanent vacation
b: what i found within was there to be found!
g: a perfectly timed, perfectly choreographed escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment