Friday, July 3, 2009

turnabout

"Turnabout is fair play."

i used that expression with haley shortly after we started going out and she hadn't ever heard it. i was stunned. actually, i double-checked my text because i'm notorious for mixing up expressions. but no, i'd typed it right and she didn't know it. it was my first opportunity to teach her something mostly useless.

now for an example.

i've been sharing a dbg a day for 74 days now. some days playing catch up, some days an extra one.. or two..

and today, i'd like to ask you to do one for me. you don't have to do it publicly, you don't have to share it with me. but wherever you are, whatever you are going through - stop, take a deep breath, and do a dbg.

how, you ask? if my daily examples aren't illustrative enough, here's a play-by-play for you.

d: desire - what do you want? what would make your moment better? make you happier? raise your energy?

b: brag - what are you proud of? something you, yourself, have done or contributed or discovered? feel good about yourself. and say it. no apologies. you deserve it.

g: gratitude - give thanks. to others, to a higher power, to the universe at large. turn your energy outward and recognize the goodness.

and because it's only fair...

d: that your dbg may raise your energy a smidge
b: i get to do a dbg here, publicly, every single day!
g: you read mine. you read me. you inspire me.

1 comment:

  1. d:a good long rest
    b:I planned a good,long outing with friends and family
    g:extra innings granted me a good, long visit!

    ReplyDelete