Sunday, July 12, 2009

quiet

tomorrow i kick off thirty days of crazed writing. tonight i'm overflowing with ideas, anticipation, and creative energy. i can't wait to set my laptop up, turn on the music, and turn off the rest of the world. i am so excited about my story - i can't wait to get it on paper!

buzzing with adrenaline i am taking inventory on my fears and finding few. over the past few months this blog has taught me much to take the edge off this blitz.

i've always been a writer, and even in school loved writing papers so much that i wrote them for my friends (shhh). but one of my fears around novel writing over the years was that i firmly believed that i had to wait for inspiration to hit before i sat down to write. and hearkening back to my school writing, that inevitably happened at the last possible minute, when a deadline is involved. so, a novel.. with no prescribed deadline.. i feared i'd never be inspired.

at least that's what i've believed all my life. but now i know that's simply a myth i allowed myself to believe.

committing to writing a daily blog has shown me that inspiration is there all the time. it's simply masked by all the other noise.

quiet the noise.
reveal the inspiration.
it happens every day.
(some days more inspired than others, admittedly.)

so, although i'm setting a word count quota for each day that's certain to be a challenge, i have every confidence that the biggest challenge will be simply sitting still and quieting the noise. because i know the inspiration is there. waiting to be inked.

d: quiet time
b: inspiration within
g: fears removed by a dbg a day

No comments:

Post a Comment