Thursday, July 30, 2009

thursdate

today haley and i planned to spend the day together.. we had a million things we wanted to do and of course not enough time to do them all. she'll be out of town this weekend, leaving in the morning and returning monday evening. the boys are with their father, so it's going to be me and mega painting the town red.

she's sleeping under my left arm in eager anticipation. i'm cleaning the house in preparation.

it's been a long time since i've had a weekend home alone. home without the boys and without haley. and my home needs me here. my flower beds are begging for my attention. (or my neighbors are begging for my attention on them, is what i meant to say.) the boys' closets need refreshing for fall.

(oh and it's tax free weekend! shopping! there's shopping to be done!)

yes, i'm nesting in preparation for a weekend with myself and my mega-puppy; and decompressing after a very rushed day. in our attempt to do all the things we love to do together, and the couple things we 'needed' to do, we didn't leave ourselves enough time to breathe. and by the time i walked into the boys' day camp to pick them up, five minutes before the closing bell, i felt like i'd run a marathon. (yet without the elation you must feel when you cross that finish line.)

but a day together is still a wonder to me. even what would be an ordinary thursday to most people feels like a date with her... though we spend most days together, at least a part of every day, each one is different and distinct. and i marvel at the diversity in our time together. and the passion in even the smallest exchanges.

and now it is night.. a storm is thundering outside and i'm readying for a weekend here and she's reading for a weekend away. and yet i know, our thursdate isn't over.

she'll be here soon. i can't wait.

d: let the storm rage on.
b: i'll have a clean house for the weekend.
g: tax-free weekend and flower beds to plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment